Thursday, January 24, 2013

Neon Gradient Under Black Spotted-Tutorial included

Hi! It's Zoe! Sorry I don't post very often on here, I'm going to try to start posting once a week if I can. Anyway, today I've got for you a fun neon gradient tutorial, plus a way to recreate a look from a polish you can only get in France! Check it out!

Here's just the plain neon gradient.


Sorry about the bad cleanup, I didn't realize it was there until after I did the second part of this mani. And believe it or not, but this color is 10x mor bright in real life, neons are just really hard to capture on camera.

Now I know what you're all thinking, how did she do that?! Well, here's how!

First up,  here is what you will be using: A plastic bag, a makeup sponge, and a few colors of your choice, they dont have to be neon. I used--from left to right-- China Glaze Pool Party, Sun Worshipper, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, In The Limelight, and Purple Panic.

First paint your nail white, then let it dry COMPLETELY. It is crucial that it is all the way dry or your whole manicure is messed up.


Put a few drops of your polish together on a paper bag, you dont want them too spread apart.


Then take your makeup sponge and press down on the colors, don't press down for too long.


Then take the colored sponge and lightly roll it over your finger, don't press down too hard or else it will take the white off of your finger and there won't be any color. You'll need to repeat steps 2-4 a few times so that the color actually shows up on the nail.


That should be good! You can always clean up around the nail so you don't see the white cuticles.

Now, I got OPI Black Spotted for Christmas which is a Sephora France exclusive, so chances are you won't have it, but there's an easy way to recreate it!


Here's my gradient topped off with the black spotted.

If you haven't already heard of Cutepolish on YouTube then you're missing out. She has great, super easy tutorials that even I started out with. She recently made a tutorial for water spotted nails, and the outcome looks a lot like this polish! Here it is.




Hope this post was super helpful!
Zoe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment